- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Chai Lords Activated Turmeric Latte powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts or silvered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried fruit like currants or apricots
- Fresh herbs
- Heat the vegetable broth to a simmer while frying the onion in the coconut oil. Once onion softens, add the rice and fry in the coconut oil until its translucent
- Once the rice is translucent, add the turmeric latte powder to the rice and mix through.
- Add hot broth to the rice, cover with a lid and summer for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked, allow to rest for 2 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and then mix through the nuts, fruit and seasoning. Enjoy.