- 3 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 packet instant yeast* (or use rapid-rise yeast 2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chai Lords Instant Chai Latte powder
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- In a large saucepan, heat the almond milk and vegan butter until warm and melted (never reaching boiling). Remove from heat and let cool until lukewarm. if it's too hot, it will kill the yeast
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let activate for 10 minutes. Then add the sugar and salt and stir.
- Add in flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring as you go. When it is too thick to stir, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball (be careful not to overmix). Rinse your mixing bowl out, coat it with avocado or olive oil, and add your dough ball back in. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle. Brush with melted vegan butter and top with sugar and chai powder.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough. Then cut the dough so you have around 10 rolls and place in a well-buttered 8×8-inch square pan.
- Brush with melted vegan butter and cover with plastic wrap. Set on top of the oven to let rise again while you preheat oven to 176 C.
- Once the oven is hot, bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- For the icing, mix together icing sugar sugar and almond milk. Pour over scrolls once they are taken out of the oven.