- ¼ Chai Lords Instant Chai Latte powder
- ½ cup vegan butter
- 1 cups coconut sugar
- 3 flax eggs (see instructions)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa/cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 176 degrees C. Line and 8 x 8 baking dish with baking paper, or lightly grease with oil.
- Flax egg: In a small bowl, combine 3 heaped tablespoons flaxseed meal with ½ cup water or unsweetened non-dairy milk. Let rest for 10 minutes to thicken.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add the ½ cup butter/oil/applesauce and sugar, mix well. Add in the flax eggs and vanilla, mix again. Add in the flour, chai powder, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, mix well to combine. May take a minute or so to completely become mixed.
- Pour brownie batter into the centre of the prepared baking dish. Spread to the edges as needed. Optionally top with chopped chunks of dark chocolate or vegan chocolate chips.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Let cool in the baking dish. If you used parchment paper, after 5 – 10 minutes, lift the edges and move the brownies to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!