- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
Chai Spiced Frosting
- 1 can coconut cream (left in fridge overnight)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoon Chai Lords Instant Chai Latte powder
1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees celcius.
2. Add dry ingredients (almond meal, spelt flour, cocoa powder, baking powder) to a bowl and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, add remaining wet ingredients (banana, oil, maple syrup, eggs). Mix well to combine.
4. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and fold until just combined.
5. Carefully divide the mixture into 2 mini cake tins.
6. Bake in the oven for approximately 12 minutes.
7. Remove from cake tin and let cool completely.
8. Place 1 can of coconut cream into the fridge and leave overnight. Cream will separate from liquid. Open the can and discard all the liquid.
10. Scoop out coconut cream and whip the cream with maple syrup and the chai powder with a hand mixer or stand mixer for approximately 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
11. Using a bread knife, carefully slice a little bit from the top so that each cake slice is flat. To assemble the cake, spread a thick layer of coconut cream on to the first layer of cake.
13. Add the second layer of cake on top and spread another layer of coconut cream on top of the cake.
14. Decorate with fresh berries.