It is spooky season and what better way to celebrate than baking vegan and gluten free pumpkin pie! These mini treats are perfectly spiced using our best selling Instant Chai Latte. Bring these to any event and we know they will be a hit!
Creamy pumpkin puree is mixed together with our chai latte mix, then placed in a buttery crust. There is nothing better.
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold vegan butter
- 4-6 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 ¾ cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ½ tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons Chai Lords Instant Chai Latte powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- To prepare crust, add gluten-free flour and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the cold butter and work gently with a fork to cut it in.
- Add ice cold water a little at a time and use a wooden spoon to stir. Only add as much water as you need to help it come together.
- Once a loose dough is formed, transfer to a piece of plastic wrap and work gently with your hands to form a thick disc. Wrap firmly and refrigerate for a minimum 30 minutes. Just let it warm back up a little before using.
- Once your dough is chilled, preheat oven to 176 C and prepare pie filling.
- Add all pie filling ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Set aside.
- Unwrap the pastry disc and place it between two layers of baking paper. Use a rolling pin to gently roll it into the shape of your muffin pan. Use a circle cookie cutter or large cup to cut mini circles.
- Place the pastry into the muffin tray and gently use your hands to form it into the pan. Any holes or cracks can be mended with a little excess dough and the heat of your hand.
- Pour filling into pie crust and bake for 50-60 minutes. The crust should be light golden brown and the filling will still be just a bit jiggly. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before loosely covering and transferring to the refrigerator to fully set for 4-6 hours, preferably overnight.