This pancake recipe screams Christmas! The chai latte spices combines with sticky molasses creates a decedent yet healthy breakfast treat. This recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, preservative free and seriously good. Top with vegan vanilla ice cream, a drizzle of maple syrup and sprinkle over Chai Lords Instant Chai Latte powder.
187g / 1½ cups gluten free flour , or spelt
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
3 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 teaspoons Chai Lords Instant Chat Latte powder
4 tablespoons brown or coconut sugar
1 ¼ cup plant-based milk , unsweetened
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2½ tablespoons dark molasses or blackstrap molasses1
½ tablespoons oil of choice
- Put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir well.
- Put all of the wet ingredients into another jug or bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixed wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix using a spoon, until just combined. Do not over mix. Your batter should be a thick dropping consistency, like thick cake batter.
- Preheat the pan to medium-low and add some vegan butter or oil to grease it. Leave the batter to sit until the pan comes to temperature.
- Pour about ⅓ cup portions of batter onto the preheated griddle/pan. Leave them alone until small bubbles start to form on the top (usually about 4 minutes) then flip and cook for a further few minutes until golden. Once done, you can put them on the plate in the oven until you have finished cooking them all or serve immediately.